India, China agree to cool down tension along LAC after Galwan clash
NEW DELHI – India and China have shown the commitment to reduce tension along the Line of Actual Control in senior-level military talks, which initiated after a border scuffle in disputed Ladakh region.
India's Ministry of External Affairs Spokesperson Anurag Srivastava said in a statement, "The discussions in the latest meeting of the Senior Commanders reflected the commitment of both sides to reduce the tensions along the LAC".
Both sides also reiterated their commitment to the disengagement understanding reached during three previous meetings held in June 2020.
The dialogue between military leadership is set to continue and take place in coordination with parallel diplomatic discussions within the framework of the Working Mechanism for Consultation & Coordination on India-China Border Affairs.
Indian and Chinese forces are engaged in confrontation in Ladakh region for several weeks.
Tension heightened when 20 Indian troops were killed in violent clash with Chinese forces in Galan Valley on May 31.
That was the first time in nearly 60 years that border disputes between the two countries caused causalities.
- PM Imran congratulates Sri Lankan counterpart Rajapaksa over election ...11:30 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- Pakistan to resume international flight operations at all airports ...10:57 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- NAB rejects allegations of striking plea bargain deal with 2 army ...09:23 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- At least 11 dead as Air India passenger plan skids off runway, splits ...09:10 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- What do you know about Ravi Riverfront Urban Development Project?08:36 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- A sneak peek inside Selena Gomez's HBO cooking show05:38 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- John Wick 5 announced, to film back-to-back with 4th installment05:14 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- Ever since I was a child I’ve had a sleeping issue: Mahira Khan04:23 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020