Malaysia grounds Pakistan-licensed pilots after fake licenses issue
KUALA LUMPUR – The Civil Aviation Authority of Malaysia (CAAM) has temporarily barred pilots holding Pakistani licenses after Islamabad admitted that 30 percent of country’s pilots held dubious licenses.
The CAAM in a statement said that the decision has been taken for the safety and security of Malaysia’s civil aviation.
The Malaysian authorities have contacted Pakistan Civil Aviation Authority (PCAA) to counter check the license of pilots, who are employed in Malaysia.
“Licence holders that are verified as valid by PCAA will be reinstated immediately.
“The records of the Pakistani licence holders will be reviewed by CAAM and PCAA,” it said in a statement.
Earlier, Vietnam and Kuwait have grounded the Pakistan pilots after the issued surfaced.
On Tuesday, European Union Air Safety Agency barred the Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) from operating flights to the EU member states for six months due to safety concerns.
In June, Pakistan’s Aviation Minister Ghulam Sarwar Khan revealed that 30% of country’s pilots held dubious licenses and ordered to ground all of them.
He revealed it while making a report on PIA plane crash in Karachi public in the National Assembly.
- PM Imran congratulates Sri Lankan counterpart Rajapaksa over election ...11:30 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- Pakistan to resume international flight operations at all airports ...10:57 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- NAB rejects allegations of striking plea bargain deal with 2 army ...09:23 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- At least 11 dead as Air India passenger plan skids off runway, splits ...09:10 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- What do you know about Ravi Riverfront Urban Development Project?08:36 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- A sneak peek inside Selena Gomez's HBO cooking show05:38 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- John Wick 5 announced, to film back-to-back with 4th installment05:14 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- Ever since I was a child I’ve had a sleeping issue: Mahira Khan04:23 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020