UN Chief wishes PM Nawaz a speedy recovery
ISLAMABAD (Staff Report) - United Nations Secretary General Ban Ki-moon has wished good health and a speedy recovery to Prime Minister Muhammad Nawaz Sharif following his recent heart surgery in London.
According to a statement issued by the Foreign Office, the Secretary General said that he was encouraged by reports that the procedure was successful.
He also expressed appreciation for the Prime Minister's support of the UN and said, "I attach great importance to the partnership between Pakistan, the United Nations, and look forward to continuing our work together."
Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif will be shifted from the ICU to his room in a London hospital today (Thursday).
Maryam Nawaz had earlier said that physicians examining the Prime Minister had expressed satisfaction about his health.
Moreover, Saudi Ambassador to Pakistan Abdullah Marzouq Al Zahrani met Maryam Nawaz and inquired about the PM’s health and prayed for his early recovery.
The ambassador also appreciated the love and affection of the people of Pakistan for their prime minister.
- Imran Ghazali appointed as head of information ministry’s digital ...11:46 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Afghan President Ghani phones PM Imran, discusses peace talks, ...09:34 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Three arrested in Faisalabad for displaying weapons on social media ...08:19 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Trump gives 45 days to Microsoft for acquiring TikTok07:21 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Nothing Like Everything: Ayyan Ali announces first-ever music album04:56 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Filmmakers around the world take to part in Iran’s Resistance Film ...10:27 AM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Hamza Ali Abbasi, Naimal Khawar Khan blessed with a baby boy12:37 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020