UAE rubbishes 'propaganda' about visa restriction, demands action
"There are no visa bans on any category of Pakistani applicants," the embassy informed the FO. "This news is being spread from Pakistan and needs to be investigated."
"We have been directed to refuse applications for the three-month visa starting June 1," travel agent Noor Muhammad told Dawn; adding, however, that those travellers who had submitted their application before June 1, 2017, would still be processed.
This is not the first time the Emirati government has banned such visas, he maintained. "In the past, similar restrictions have been placed on travel to the country, particularly during Ramazan," he said.
In its message to the FO, the UAE embassy asked the Pakistani government to take strict action against those spreading the news.
"Those spreading false rumours should be dealt with swiftly," the embassy advised Islamabad.
- COAS Bajwa presides over Formation Commanders’ Conference08:52 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Sindh earmarks Rs22.8 billion for college education08:22 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Pakistan cuts steel for fourth MILGEM-Class corvette ship (VIDEO)07:37 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- realme conducts first-ever Global Launch Event to unveil realme GT & ...07:15 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Feroze Khan opens up about second marriage04:07 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Mehwish Hayat wants the Muslim misrepresentation in movies to change05:10 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Lost Cause - Alizeh Shah is a Billie Eilish fan girl03:21 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021