PM Imran to chair key cabinet meeting today
ISLAMABAD: Prime Minister Imran Khan will head a meeting of the cabinet today wherein political and economic matters will be discussed.
The prime minister will reportedly take his cabinet members into confidence over his Qatar visit and recently signed deal between The Taliban and the United States.
An eight-point agenda that include power tariff, Pakistan Medical and Dental Council (PMDC), Coronaviurs, privatisation of the state institutions and others will be discussed in the meeting. cted to come under discussion.
According to media reports. the cabinet will give approval for the audit of the National Database and Registration Authority (NADRA) and it will also be briefed about a post-election revenue report.
Prime Minister Imran Khan Saturday welcomed the signing of Doha peace agreement between the United States and Taliban, terming it a step towards securing peace and reconciliation process in Afghanistan by ending decades long wars and miseries of Afghan people.
On his twitter account, the prime minister said “We welcome the Doha Accord signed between US & the Taliban. This is the start of a peace & reconciliation process to end decades of war & suffering of the Afghan people. I have always maintained that a pol (political) solution, no matter how complex, is the only meaningful path to peace.”
On Saturday in Doha, the US and Taliban representatives signed a final peace agreement after months of prolonged negotiations in Qatar’s capital that envisages an end to the US longest war in Afghanistan since 2001 after the 9/11 and enabling it to withdraw its troops from Afghanistan gradually.
In his other tweet, the prime minister also urged the parties involved to ensure that spoilers should not frustrate these efforts.
“Now all stakeholders have to ensure that spoilers are kept at bay. My prayers for peace for the Afghan people who have suffered 4 (four) decades of bloodshed,” he added.
The prime minister also reiterated that Pakistan was committed to playing its role in ensuring the agreement to hold and succeed in bringing peace to Afghanistan.
- Driver of Parliamentary Secretary commits ‘suicide’ in Parliament ...01:18 PM | 19 Jun, 2021
- Barbers to be registered in Punjab under Hepatitis act12:50 PM | 19 Jun, 2021
- US should systematically withdraw from Afghanistan: FM Qureshi12:14 PM | 19 Jun, 2021
- Pakistan will ‘absolutely not’ hand its bases to US: PM Imran ...11:39 AM | 19 Jun, 2021
- EU invites PM Imran for state visit – first for any Pakistani head ...10:30 AM | 19 Jun, 2021
- Bollywood diva Anushka Sharma spotted enjoying English summer05:55 PM | 18 Jun, 2021
- Lovebirds Nimra and Asad give major holiday goals with latest clicks03:13 PM | 18 Jun, 2021
- Take a tour of Meesha Shafi's Canadian bungaloft04:36 PM | 18 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021