Lok Virsa pays tribute to Mashal Khan on Labour day's celebration
The event took place at the open theatre, Lok Virsa Complex, Islamabad.Many national artists presented revolutionary songs and folk music at the event which was dedicated to the student of the Abdul Wali Khan University, Mardan who was being killed by a mob over allegations of blasphemy.
The walls of the theatre were covered in banners inscribed with slogans calling for the restoration of student unions, for ending the class-based education system, increasing fees of educational institutions, reinforcing the curriculum, and an end to the exploitation of the working class, and an overall change in the socio-political system and governance.
Performances included folk, Sufi, and revolutionary songs by Arieb Azhar, Akmal Qadri, Zeeshan Mansoor, Waseem Sakhi, Aftab Suraj, Sajawal Khan, Wajih Nizami and Beghairat Brigade’s Ali Aftab and Imran Nafees.
Some of Faiz Ahmed Faiz’s timeless poetry such as Bol Keh Lab Azad Hain Terey, Hum Dekheingein and Hum Mehnat Kush Jagwalon Sey and Salman Haider’s satirical poem Pen di Sri were also presented to the audience.
Famed playwright, director, and artist Imran Nafees presented a solo play based on the murder of Mashal Khan and the fire accident in the Baldia Factory in Karachi.
- Four Lahore girls, who went missing, say they ‘escape to get ...02:14 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- J.Rashid & Sons opens Pakistan’s first tyre flagship store in Lahore02:10 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Kabul security team gets briefing on alleged abduction of Afghan ...11:34 AM | 3 Aug, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021