FBR alerts taxpayers about bogus emails
"It has been brought to the notice of Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) that some taxpayers have received emails supposedly sent to them by offices of FBR", said a statement issued here on Wednesday.
The emails are being sent from email@example.com which is not an official email address of FBR, the statement added.
All such emails sent from this account may be discarded and not treated as correspondence from FBR.
Taxpayers are also reportedly receiving emails about Active Taxpayers List (ATL) where the email informs the taxpayers to avail last chance to file their returns through a fake link given in the mail.
This is a phishing mail and can lead to identity theft and misuse of online financial systems to deprive unsuspecting people of their money.
All taxpayers and general public are requested not to trust such emails and never disclose their bank account numbers, passwords and other details.
Taxpayers and the general public are also advised to always validate the FBR's official domain www.fbr.gov.pk in address bar of the browser to avoid phishing attack.
- Pakistani mountaineer Shehroze Kashif sets another record01:43 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- TikTok stars Kanwal, Zulqarnain ooze couple goals on dreamy Europe ...01:35 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Indian plane makes emergency landing at Karachi airport01:14 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Watch: Mahira Khan shows off her dance moves on 'Loota Re'12:06 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Marwa Hocane sends sweetest birthday wishes to Ameer Gilani11:47 AM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022
- 42 Pakistani universities make it to Times Higher Education Asia ...07:52 PM | 1 Jun, 2022
- Four Pakistanis make it to Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia List 202209:53 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022