Imran Khan requests party members to stop targeting Ayesha Gulalai's sister
The legislator, who faced flak after Gulalai hurled allegations related to his 'morality', took to Twitter and advised supporters to refrain from maligning Maria Toorpakay Wazir, an acclaimed squash player.
My request to all PTI supporters is to immediately refrain from targeting Ayesha Gulalai's sister.— Imran Khan (@ImranKhanPTI) August 3, 2017
In a series of loaded tweets, the cricketer-turned-politician expressed that his rival PML-N was trying to do, what they are best at after 'seeing efforts to disqualify him fail'.
After seeing their efforts to get me disqualified & their smear campaigns ag me all fail, PMLN is moving to do what it does best:— Imran Khan (@ImranKhanPTI) August 3, 2017
The law maker cited toppling the KPK government as the reason behind the campaign but assured his rivals that there would be no 'horse trading' from PTI's side.
Try & purchase it's a way into toppling the legitimate KP govt. Rest assured there will be no counter offers/Changa Mangas. https://t.co/0dCmlHHGjd— Imran Khan (@ImranKhanPTI) August 3, 2017
Finally, he maintained that those who are there to sell their soul should be allowed to do so to 'expose themselves'.
Let those who sell their souls expose themselves. https://t.co/hEOkwlJSWP— Imran Khan (@ImranKhanPTI) August 3, 2017
Imran's reaction came in the backdrop of a flurry of scathing allegations hurled at him by a female legislator of National Assembly, Ayesha Gulalai, who claimed that the top leadership including Imran Khan sent her lewd messages, some four years back.
In an explosive presser on Tuesday, Gulalai, who got elected to the National Assembly on a reserved seat for women from the Federally Administered Tribal Areas, claimed that the culture being promoted by certain party leaders was not in line with Pakthtun cultural values.
"Women workers are not respected in the PTI and a respectable woman worker cannot remain in the party," she alleged.
"Imran Khan once used deplorable words for Benazir Bhutto,” she said and added: "I think it is highly wrong to use such words for someone who has passed away. Even Islam teaches us not to say anything bad about people who have passed away."
Ayesha Gulalai levels serious allegations against ... 10:32 PM | 1 Aug, 2017
ISLAMABAD: PTI leader Ayesha Gulalai on Tuesday levelled serious allegations against party chief Imran Khan and Khyber ...
Ayesha stated that she received the very first inappropriate text message from Imran Khan in October 2013. Gulalai stated that she was a very active worker who was on the ground while Imran’s change was mostly on social media.
Soon after Gulalai unleashed a tirade of allegations against the PTI supremo, staunch supporters of party rose to defend their party chief and began sharing pictures of Gulalai's sister playing squash in an outfit designed specifically for the sport.
By sharing multiple pictures of her sister, the ardent supporters questioned how Gulalai could defend this 'westernisation' in her own home at a time when she was accusing Imran Khan of promoting the Western culture in the Islamic Republic of Pakistan.
However, the counter narrative, was lampooned by social media buffs and journalists.
The party chief has now 'requested' supporters to refrain from targeting the renowned squash player, Maria Toorpakay Wazir.
- Two soldiers martyred while thwarting terrorists’ infiltration from ...10:15 PM | 27 Oct, 2021
- Shaukat Khanum Pink Polo Cup 2021: Habib Metro Lions, Rijas ...09:50 PM | 27 Oct, 2021
- FM Qureshi thanks Iranian President Raisi for support on Kashmir issue09:25 PM | 27 Oct, 2021
- Lulusar Polo in Pink 2021: Two more matches decided on second day09:05 PM | 27 Oct, 2021
- Water resources essential for ecosystem, human survival: Moonis Elahi08:45 PM | 27 Oct, 2021
- Hareem Shah's new bold video goes viral06:40 PM | 27 Oct, 2021
- Alia Bhatt and Ranbir Kapoor to get married in December?05:56 PM | 27 Oct, 2021
- Sania Mirza becomes a ‘rescue angel’ after Hafeez forgets ...05:24 PM | 27 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021