US cuts security aid to Pakistan, relaxes Haqqani Network, LeT conditions
The bill granted $150 million as defence aid to Pakistan, which the latter is expected to allocate towards improving its border security.
Last year, Washington granted $700 million to Pakistan as a Coalition Support Fund. This year, the US has relaxed certain conditions that were attached with the financial assistance, including action against the Haqqani Network and the Lashkar-e-Taiba.
- Pakistani PM Imran tells Taliban not to ban women's education11:59 PM | 21 Sep, 2021
- Trudeau’s Liberal Party narrowly wins Canada elections11:10 PM | 21 Sep, 2021
- Taliban vow stern action against fighters who removed Pakistan flag ...10:35 PM | 21 Sep, 2021
- ‘Disappointed yet again,’ says Babar Azam after ECB calls of ...10:17 PM | 21 Sep, 2021
- Bakhtawar Bhutto sends adorable birthday gift to brother Bilawal04:36 PM | 21 Sep, 2021
- Neha Rajpoot and Shahbaz Taseer spark marriage rumours05:00 PM | 21 Sep, 2021
- Birthday wishes pour in for Kareena Kapoor Khan03:16 PM | 21 Sep, 2021