Iran ambassador ordered to leave Saudia Arabia within 24 hours
The move comes only a day after Iranians stormed and set on fire the Saudi embassy in Tehran over the execution of prominent Shia leader Nimr Baqir al-Nimr.
The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia on Sunday ordered Iran’s Ambassador in Riyadh Hussein Sadiqi to leave the country within 24 hours.
On Saturday, Saudi Arabia executed 47 people - most of them were convicted of al Qaeda attacks in Saudi Arabia a decade ago. But four - including Nimr - were Shia Muslims accused of shooting policemen during anti-government protests in recent years.
Iran’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs has condemned the execution of Nimr by Saudi Arabia. “While the Saudi government supports extremist groups, it cracks down on and executes its dissidents,” spokesperson Hossein Jaber Ansari said.
- PAKvNED – Pakistan seal ODI series victory over Netherlands08:28 PM | 18 Aug, 2022
- Jacqueline Fernandez booked in extortion case07:12 PM | 18 Aug, 2022
- Prime suspect in Faisalabad sexual assault case publicly beaten up in ...06:57 PM | 18 Aug, 2022
- Naimal Khawar's latest photoshoot draws severe backlash05:40 PM | 18 Aug, 2022
- Naimal’s new photoshoot draws severe backlash06:10 PM | 18 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022