COAS Bajwa expresses grief over loss of lives in Sheikhupura train accident
RAWALPINDI – Chief of Army Staff General Qamar Javed Bajwa on Friday expressed grief on the loss of precious lives in tragic train accident near Sheikupura.
“Condolences to the bereaved families, prayers for early recovery of injured,” said COAS.
Earlier today, at least 20 people mostly Sikh yatrees died as Lahore bound 43-Up Shah Hussain Express hit a coaster at an unmanned level crossing between Bahalike and Farooqabad railway stations.
According to Rescue 1122 officials, at least eight people have been injured in the accident, all of whom were shifted to District Headquarters Hospital, Sheikhupura. The bodies were also shifted to the DHQ hospital.
Following the accident, the divisional engineer was suspended by the railways' management, the PR statement added.
The PR statement said, “Action will be taken in accordance with the law against whomever is held responsible for this accident".
- T20 World Cup: Defending champions West Indies take a shocking start ...11:15 PM | 23 Oct, 2021
- T20 World Cup: Cricket lovers in frenzy ahead of Pak vs India match10:35 PM | 23 Oct, 2021
- It was a test, says PPP's Khursheed Shah as he walks free from jail ...09:10 PM | 23 Oct, 2021
- Aitchison College Junior National Tennis Championship: Abdullah, ...08:23 PM | 23 Oct, 2021
- Resham celebrates birthday in style with friends and family03:59 PM | 23 Oct, 2021
- Inside Usman Mukhtar and Zunaira Inam's fairytale wedding07:05 PM | 23 Oct, 2021
- Ushna Shah's new bold photos set internet on fire04:56 PM | 23 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021