French prime minister resigns
PARIS - French Prime Minister Edouard Philippe has resigned today (Friday).
In a statement, the Elysee Palace said that Philippe would handle government affairs until a new cabinet was named.
No reason was given in the short presidential statement, but a cabinet shuffle had been widely expected after Mr Macron vowed to chart a new course for the last two years of his term.
Edouard Philippe resignation as prime minister came ahead of a government reshuffle by President Emmanuel Macron.
- How to complete PSL 6? ShahidAfridi shares his formula following ...11:11 PM | 4 Mar, 2021
- Man awarded death sentence for raping five-year-old girl in Rawalpindi09:31 PM | 4 Mar, 2021
- 10 celebrities who are left-handed05:11 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021