Samina Peerzada pays her respects to the late Saroj Khan
Top Bollywood choreographer, Saroj Khan, passed away due to cardiac arrest on early Friday morning.
The three-time National Award winner had not been doing well for some time and her health was deteriorating with each passing day, reported The Indian Express.
The veteran has choreographed more than 2,000 songs during her four decades long career. Some her famous works are 'Dola Re Dola' from Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s Devdas, 'Ek Do Teen' from Madhuri Dixit-starrer Tezaab and Kareena Kapoor's 'Ye Ishq Haaye' from Jab We Met.
Many celebs who have worked with her have expressed their grief including Madhuri Dixit. Dixit, who is an acclaimed dancer herself, paid her respects to her teacher and friend on social media.
I'm devastated by the loss of my friend and guru, Saroj Khan. Will always be grateful for her work in helping me reach my full potential in dance. The world has lost an amazingly talented person. I will miss you💔 My sincere condolences to the family. #RIPSarojji— Madhuri Dixit Nene (@MadhuriDixit) July 3, 2020
"I'm devastated by the loss of my friend and guru, Saroj Khan. Will always be grateful for her work in helping me reach my full potential in dance. The world has lost an amazingly talented person. I will miss you. My sincere condolences to the family," she Tweeted.
Saroj's talend was recognized beyond borders as well. Producer and actor Samina Peerzada also took to social media to honor Khan.
A great loss please accept my heartfelt condolences. You were blessed to have her as your Guru. May her wonderful soul rest in eternal peace.— Samina Peerzada (@SaminaSays) July 3, 2020
"A great loss please accept my heartfelt condolences. You were blessed to have her as your Guru. May her wonderful soul rest in eternal peace," Samina said, replying to Madhuri's post.
She last choreographed Madhuri Dixit in the song 'Tabaah Ho Gaye' from Karan Johar’s production Kalank(2019).
Have more to add to the story? Comment below ans stay tuned for more!
- Sindh decides to reopen schools, business activities11:52 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- England defeat Pakistan by 3 wickets in first Test10:58 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- 750kg Naswar smuggling attempt foiled in UAE09:26 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- Pakistan Army launches rescue operation in flood-hit villages of Dadu08:21 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- Mehwish Hayat requests fans to report TikTok account impersonating her05:31 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- Abhishek Bachchan tests negative for COVID-19, discharged from ...04:49 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- Maya Ali and Sheheryar Munawar set to hit the silver screen together04:31 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020