20 killed killed as Shah Hussain Express hits coaster, carrying Sikh pilgrims near Sheikhupura
LAHORE - At least 20 killed as Lahore bound 43-Up Shah Hussain Express hit a coaster at an unmanned level crossing between Bahalike and Farooqabad railway stations on Friday at about 1:30 pm.
According to police, initially, the death toll was reported 20 as a result of the accident. PR and district rescue teams have been reached the spot and were retrieving bodies and injured from the ill-fated coaster.
According to Rescue 1122 officials, at least eight people have been injured in the accident, all of whom were shifted to District Headquarters Hospital, Sheikhupura. The bodies were also shifted to the DHQ hospital.
Rescue officials from both Railways and Rescue 1122 arrived at the scene of the accident and provided first aid to the injured, a statement by the Railways Ministry said. All divisional officials were also directed to reach the crash site.
The PR divisional officer rushed to the spot, while the divisional engineer concerned has been suspended. PR Minister Sheikh Rashid Ahmad has ordered strict action against the responsible persons, the spokesperson informed. The track has been restored till the filing of this report.
- Pakistan vs England, first Test: PCB announces squad for Old Trafford ...04:11 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- India sees over 50,000 virus cases for 6th straight day03:20 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- Pakistan pays tribute to fallen heroes on Police Martyrs' Day02:52 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- Netflix confirms season 5 of Money Heist02:21 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- #MeToo: Ayesha Omar opens up about sexual harassment with Rose McGowan01:30 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020