Ban Ki-moon urges US, Russia to implement Syria ceasefire
In a statement, he stressed the need of making arrangements for a new truce in Latakia and Damascus regions.
Earlier, the United States and Russia announced plans to reinforce the February 27 truce in both of these regions.
The calls for ceasefire come as media reports have said that thousands of Syrian children are starving in areas out of reach of aid workers.
In a statement, human rights Chief Zeid Ra’ad Al Hussain also said the latest reports are coming in from Aleppo, Homs, Damascus and Rural Damascus, Idleb and Deir ez-Zour of mounting civilian casualties.
He said civilians remain trapped in besieged villages, towns and cities across Syria and many people are at risk of starvation and have no access to adequate medical care.
The UN human rights chief also urged the international community to address the terrible suffering of the Syrian people.
- The Redefined XOS10 Starts the New Journey on Intelligence and Visual ...12:01 PM | 28 Oct, 2021
- Govt to name road, building after father of Pakistan’s nuclear ...11:27 AM | 28 Oct, 2021
- Pakistan draws up contingency plan as TLP resumes march on Islamabad10:48 AM | 28 Oct, 2021
- Pakistan Army’s focus stays on enhancing standard functionality ...10:27 AM | 28 Oct, 2021
- Young army officer’s murder remains shrouded in mystery09:48 AM | 28 Oct, 2021
- Hareem Shah's new bold video goes viral06:40 PM | 27 Oct, 2021
- Alia Bhatt and Ranbir Kapoor to get married in December?05:56 PM | 27 Oct, 2021
- Sania Mirza becomes a ‘rescue angel’ after Hafeez forgets ...05:24 PM | 27 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021