Educational institutions closed as PM Nawaz visits Bannu
BANNU (Staff Report) - All educational institutions have been closed in Bannu district as Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif has reached the city to inaugurate different development projects.
According to media reports, the schools and colleges were closed on the instructions of Bannu district administration. No specific reason has been told for closure of educational institutions in the formal circular.
Meanwhile Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf chief Imran Khan has expressed dissatisfaction on the closure of education institutions for Nawaz Sharif's visit to Bannu.
Closing educational institutions when VIPs visit an area is a retrogressive practice. I have asked KP govt to immediately put a stop to it.
— Imran Khan (@ImranKhanPTI) May 3, 2016
Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif has arrived in Bannu where he inaugurated different development projects.
He laid the foundation stone of gas supply project to five union councils of Bannu which will cost 259 million rupees. The project will be completed in one year’s time.
The Prime Minister also inaugurated four major highways projects and he announced to convert the Bannu Airport into an international airport, while address a public meeting in Bannu.
- Imran Ghazali appointed as head of information ministry’s digital ...11:46 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Afghan President Ghani phones PM Imran, discusses peace talks, ...09:34 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Three arrested in Faisalabad for displaying weapons on social media ...08:19 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Trump gives 45 days to Microsoft for acquiring TikTok07:21 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Nothing Like Everything: Ayyan Ali announces first-ever music album04:56 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Filmmakers around the world take to part in Iran’s Resistance Film ...10:27 AM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Hamza Ali Abbasi, Naimal Khawar Khan blessed with a baby boy12:37 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020