Gas bill featuring a donkey’s picture shocks SNGPL consumer in Faisalabad
FAISALABAD – In a bizarre case of departmental negligence, the Sui Northern Gas Pipelines (SNGPL) sent a picture of donkey in place of meter reading on the monthly bill to one of its consumers in the eastern Pakistani province of Punjab.
The resident of Faislabad, who wished not to be named, said he had to face extreme embarrassment when he visited the nearest bank to pay his gas bill with a picture of donkey instead of meter-reading.
According to the government directives, the gas companies are bound to place photos of meter-reading on utility bills to ensure fair play and help remove complaints of consumers regarding billings.
Apparently, it is was the fault of the meter reader who took the picture of the gas meter from a distance with the animal blocking the sight of the main object to be captured.
Adding to the shocking blunder, the billing department failed to notice the picture and issued the bill to the consumer.
According to the consumer, he has lodged a complaint to the SNGPL but so far no action has been taken against the responsible.
The Sui Northern Gas Pipelines Limited (SNGPL) has nearly 6 million domestic consumers across the country.
- Govt will ensure Pakistan fulfills its enormous maritime potential, ...01:22 PM | 15 Aug, 2020
- Private schools in KP reopened after five months closure12:14 PM | 15 Aug, 2020
- Toshakhana reference: Nawaz challenges NAB's summoning in IHC11:37 AM | 15 Aug, 2020
- COAS, Bill Gates discuss Pakistan's Covid-19 response, resumption of ...10:59 AM | 15 Aug, 2020
- Momina Mustehsan, Muneeb Butt call out Kangana Ranaut for spreading ...05:43 PM | 14 Aug, 2020
- FIR lodged against Saba Qamar and Bilal Saeed05:09 PM | 14 Aug, 2020
- Abida Parveen, Ali Zafar and Humayun Saeed among others honoured ...04:39 PM | 14 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020