Gas bill featuring a donkey’s picture shocks SNGPL consumer in Faisalabad
The resident of Faislabad, who wished not to be named, said he had to face extreme embarrassment when he visited the nearest bank to pay his gas bill with a picture of donkey instead of meter-reading.
According to the government directives, the gas companies are bound to place photos of meter-reading on utility bills to ensure fair play and help remove complaints of consumers regarding billings.
Apparently, it is was the fault of the meter reader who took the picture of the gas meter from a distance with the animal blocking the sight of the main object to be captured.
Adding to the shocking blunder, the billing department failed to notice the picture and issued the bill to the consumer.
According to the consumer, he has lodged a complaint to the SNGPL but so far no action has been taken against the responsible.
The Sui Northern Gas Pipelines Limited (SNGPL) has nearly 6 million domestic consumers across the country.
- PAF’s Shahrukh Khan becomes first Pakistani cadet to graduate from ...09:43 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Watch: Donald Trump lookalike singing, selling ice cream in Pakistan09:34 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Saudi FM informs Pakistan’s Qureshi about challenges of organising ...09:08 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- In a historic first, people with mental illness allowed to open a ...07:58 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Finance Minister Shaukat Tarin ‘to run for Senate’07:15 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Sonali Bendre proudly shares transformation on Cancer Survivors’ Day05:51 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Waseem Abbas reflects on Mahira Khan-Firdous Jamal controversy04:44 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Shah Rukh Khan gets back to work for 'Pathan' shooting04:20 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Pakistani FM reaches Turkey on diplomatic mission to highlight ...05:56 PM | 18 May, 2021