Old banknotes cease to be legal tender from Dec 1st
According to SBP notification, it has now been decided to phase out all remaining old design banknotes of Rs 10, 50, 100 and 1000 while the Rs 5 banknote and the old design Rs 500 banknote have already been demonetized.
It is worth mentioning that SBP issued a new design banknote series, which started with the issuance of Rs 20 denomination banknote in 2005, to improve the security, durability and aesthetic quality of banknotes.
The process of issuance of complete series of new design banknotes, comprising eight denominations (Rs 5, 10, 20, 50, 100, 500, 1000 and 5000) was completed in 2008.
The commercial microfinance banks will accept the old design banknotes of Rs 10, 50, 100 and 1000 and exchange the same with the new design banknotes and coins of all denominations up to 30th November 2016 only.
However SBP BSC field offices will continue to accept the old design banknotes of Rs 10, 50, 100 & 1000 from general public up to December 31, 2021.
The last day to exchange all old design banknotes from banks is November 30, 2016.
All old design banknotes shall cease to be legal tender on December 01, 2016 while last day to exchange all such banknotes from SBP BSC field offices is December 31, 2021, it added.
- T20 World Cup: Namibia win toss and opt to field first against ...03:08 PM | 20 Oct, 2021
- Facebook likely to change its name to focus on Metaverse02:49 PM | 20 Oct, 2021
- vivo announces the launch of X70 Pro in Pakistan02:34 PM | 20 Oct, 2021
- Daler Mehndi wishes Eid Milad-un-Nabi to Muslim fans06:33 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Kumail Nanjiani dressed up in a Pakistani designer at Eternals ...02:00 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021