At least 25 killed after dive boat catches fire off California
The US Coast Guards have recovered twenty-five bodies on the ocean floor, while nine people are still missing.
39 people were on board the vessel when the fire broke out; however, five crew members had escaped earlier.
According to details, five conception crew members were awake and jumped into the water when flames burst out around 3:15 am (1015 GMT).
The Conception sank 20 yards (meters) off the island's northern shore, leaving only its bow exposed.
US news outlets released audio of a distress call in which a crew member on the boat yells, "Mayday! Mayday! Mayday!" and "I can’t breathe!"
A Coast Guard operator inquired that the man if the passengers can get off the boat and if the crew has fire extinguishers, but the response is inaudible.
According to coast guard, the fire was put out multiple times but flared back up due to the fuel in the vessel.
- HSY, Feroze Khan discuss initiatives to combat harassment on Live ...08:18 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- Northern’s Haider Ali trends on Twitter after blasting batting in ...06:42 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- Public holiday announced on Friday in Sindh06:11 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- Indian national held for crossing into Pakistan illegally, booked ...05:55 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- Vice Admiral Amjad Niazi appointed new Pakistan Navy chief05:33 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- Super well made: Anoushey Ashraf can’t stop praising ...04:35 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- The fault is not in our laws, our mindset needs to change: Mehwish ...02:59 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- Rhea Chakraborty 'an active member of a drug syndicate:' NCB02:26 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan terms Kashmir, Palestine disputes as UN's most long-standing ...11:18 AM | 22 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020