At least 25 killed after dive boat catches fire off California
The US Coast Guards have recovered twenty-five bodies on the ocean floor, while nine people are still missing.
39 people were on board the vessel when the fire broke out; however, five crew members had escaped earlier.
According to details, five conception crew members were awake and jumped into the water when flames burst out around 3:15 am (1015 GMT).
The Conception sank 20 yards (meters) off the island's northern shore, leaving only its bow exposed.
US news outlets released audio of a distress call in which a crew member on the boat yells, "Mayday! Mayday! Mayday!" and "I can’t breathe!"
A Coast Guard operator inquired that the man if the passengers can get off the boat and if the crew has fire extinguishers, but the response is inaudible.
According to coast guard, the fire was put out multiple times but flared back up due to the fuel in the vessel.
- Roof collapse incident kills three of a family in Jhang11:17 AM | 29 Jan, 2020
- WHO asks int’l community to remain calm on outbreak of coronavirus ...10:31 AM | 29 Jan, 2020
- ECC likely to approve hike in gas prices today10:00 AM | 29 Jan, 2020
- UNHCR appreciates Pakistan for hosting millions of Afghan refugees09:18 AM | 29 Jan, 2020
- Huawei allowed to play limited role in building UK's 5G network10:27 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Why Miley Cyrus missed the 2020 Grammy Awards?03:58 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Rabi Pirzada performs Umrah03:38 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Ayeza Khan says she wanted to redefine the role of a 'heroine' ...03:25 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019