Are sunscreen pills worth it?
Sunscreen tablets are oral dietary supplements that strengthen your skin's defences against UV radiation and improve your skin's health. They also help prevent oxidative damage and early signs of ageing.
Do they work?
They work to a certain extent. When you take one pill every morning it provides your body with about SPF10. While this is nowhere near the amount of SPF recommended for your skin (SPF 30), it's a great addition to your vacation carry on. If you tan easily, take sunscreen pills every day alongside your physical sunscreen to protect your skin from excessive sun damage.
Although HELIOCARE tablets aid in preventing sun damage, they do not replace sunscreen.
However, keep in mind that the FDA released a statement warning consumers to steer clear of sunscreen pills that claim to protect against sun damage in supplement form.
They also revealed that they've sent warning letters to multiple companies illegally marketing such pills.
So be careful will this new form of sunscreen, only take them when properly adviced.
- Biden picks Kamala Harris as his 2020 vice presidential running mate11:36 PM | 12 Aug, 2020
- Pillion riding banned in Sindh on Muharram 9, 1011:14 PM | 12 Aug, 2020
- Pakistan strongly condemns anti-Islam Facebook post by Indian ...10:07 PM | 12 Aug, 2020
- Hafeez quarantined in England for taking photo with 90-year-old lady ...09:10 PM | 12 Aug, 2020
- Afghanistan thanks Pakistan Army chief for supporting reconciliation ...07:57 PM | 12 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020