Azaan Sami Khan opens up about his relationship with his father
LAHORE-While Adnan Sami Khan is found stirring controversy with his inappropriate tweets about Pakistan amidst the conflict between the two countries, his son Azaan Khan stands poles apart from his father.
BBC Asian Network journalist Haroon Rashid sits down with Parey Hut Love music composer and songwriter Azaan Sami Khan to talk about his career, parents, life choices and how he deals with his father Adnan Sami Khan's contentious political views.
As far as I'm concerned, the reason why I've never really spoken about it before has been because he's my father. I love him, I respect him," said Azaan. "He's made certain decisions of where he wants to live and which country he chooses to call home and I respect that. What I choose to call home is now my choice and I want to work in Pakistan."
Describing his relationship with his father, he said, "My father is more of a mentor, somebody with whom I seek advice about my work. We had a strange topsy turvy relationship, I haven’t spent much time with him and for that reason, our relationship is more of a friend or a mentor."
Referring to some of the Adnan Sami memes, he said he finds some of them pretty hilarious!
The respect and love with which Azaan speaks of his parents and country reflect upon the humble nature of this talented young man."I have amazing friends [in India]. I've lived a lot of my life there - my teen years particularly - but Pakistan is my home. I feel like the industry in Pakistan is my family. There's an immense pride for me and hope and ambition, that I could contribute to an industry which I call home."
Azaan also credited his mother, Zeba Bakhtiar for the patriotic sentiment he has for Pakistan.
“My mother is a very disciplined, true and patriotic woman. Whatever I am today, is because of her,” said Azaan.
View this post on Instagram
My Amma, my best friend, my teacher, my guide, my mentor and most of the time my favourite person to annoy 😂 It would be my greatest ambition to have an ounce of the heart, kindness, generosity and humility you have. Happy Mother’s Day to all the mothers out there. Every child’s dream is to make there mother proud but I for one must say that who I am, have been and hope to be one day, after ALLAH will always be because I am blessed to have amazing women in my life who inspire me everyday(you know who you all are😊) especially you Amma. Love Azaan. P.s been having a bad hair day since 94 😎🤙🏻
Have more to add to the story? Comment below and stay tuned for more updates!
- PTI govt opens process for privatisation of public entities09:55 PM | 29 Jan, 2020
- ATC acquits 40 accused in Youhanabad lynching cases09:09 PM | 29 Jan, 2020
- Zameen.com ready to hold Karachi Expo on February 1 and 208:18 PM | 29 Jan, 2020
- Ufone felicitates KPC’s new leadership08:12 PM | 29 Jan, 2020
- 'Anti-state' Facebook posts: Lahore journalist's bail plea rejected07:54 PM | 29 Jan, 2020
- Priyanka Chopra in final talks to join The Matrix 403:19 PM | 29 Jan, 2020
- Humayun Saeed thanks fans for showering love on MPTH's team02:49 PM | 29 Jan, 2020
- Shah Rukh Khan's Pakistani cousin passes away in Peshawar02:15 PM | 29 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019