Azaan Sami Khan opens up about his relationship with his father
BBC Asian Network journalist Haroon Rashid sits down with Parey Hut Love music composer and songwriter Azaan Sami Khan to talk about his career, parents, life choices and how he deals with his father Adnan Sami Khan's contentious political views.
As far as I'm concerned, the reason why I've never really spoken about it before has been because he's my father. I love him, I respect him," said Azaan. "He's made certain decisions of where he wants to live and which country he chooses to call home and I respect that. What I choose to call home is now my choice and I want to work in Pakistan."
Describing his relationship with his father, he said, "My father is more of a mentor, somebody with whom I seek advice about my work. We had a strange topsy turvy relationship, I haven’t spent much time with him and for that reason, our relationship is more of a friend or a mentor."
Referring to some of the Adnan Sami memes, he said he finds some of them pretty hilarious!
The respect and love with which Azaan speaks of his parents and country reflect upon the humble nature of this talented young man."I have amazing friends [in India]. I've lived a lot of my life there - my teen years particularly - but Pakistan is my home. I feel like the industry in Pakistan is my family. There's an immense pride for me and hope and ambition, that I could contribute to an industry which I call home."
Azaan also credited his mother, Zeba Bakhtiar for the patriotic sentiment he has for Pakistan.
“My mother is a very disciplined, true and patriotic woman. Whatever I am today, is because of her,” said Azaan.
Have more to add to the story? Comment below and stay tuned for more updates!
- Ashura processions culminate peacefully across Pakistan11:08 PM | 9 Aug, 2022
- 9th Sharjah Film Festival announces 100 films from 43 countries10:54 PM | 9 Aug, 2022
- Sheikh Rasheed dodges police raid in Islamabad10:02 PM | 9 Aug, 2022
- 'Neelofar' starring Fawad, and Mahira gets a release date08:54 PM | 9 Aug, 2022
- Eshal Fayyaz gives befitting reply to trolls for moral policing05:58 PM | 9 Aug, 2022
- Adeel Chaudhry spills the beans on his wedding plans05:06 PM | 9 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani stars celebrate Eidul-Adha in style06:20 PM | 10 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022