Retired military officers are free to accept any job: Tehmina Janjua
ISLAMABAD - Foreign Secretary Tehmina Janjua referring to the appointment of former chief of army staff General (retd) Raheel Sharif as head of Saudi-led military alliance has said that any retired military officer is free to accept any job.
She stated this during a meeting of the National Assembly Standing Committee on Foreign Affairs, which met in Islamabad on Tuesday with Awais Ahmad Leghari in the chair.
Janjua also ruled out any change in Pakistan's policy regarding Iran, Yemen and Saudi Arabia, adding that Pakistan was trying to bridge gap between Iran and Saudi Arabia.
Tehmina Janjua said Pakistan and Iran enjoy amicable relations and have no border dispute between them.
On March 25, Defence Minister Khawaja Asif during an interview revealed that Pakistan government had formally permitted ex-army chief Gen Raheel Sharif to lead Saudi military alliance to fight militancy.
After the government's approval, Ambassador of Iran to Pakistan had expressed reservations over the issuance of No Objection Certificate (NOC) by the Pakistani government for appointing former army chief General (retd) Raheel Sharif as the head of the Saudi-led military alliance.
- Iran ready to talks with Saudi Arabia, Gulf countries: Javad Zarif12:02 AM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Imran Khan discusses digital media with youth at PM House09:59 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- AJK snowfall: Neelum, Leepa, Bhedi declared calamity-hit areas09:50 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- FO summons Indian diplomat to reject mischievous portrayal of ...08:58 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- FM Qureshi reaches Qatar after conclusion of successful US visit08:51 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Jonas Brothers drop new video featuring their wives02:38 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Ahmed Ali Butt shares a star-studded selfie and we love it!01:47 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- 60-year-old held for swindling men online using niece’s picture01:30 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019