Retired military officers are free to accept any job: Tehmina Janjua
She stated this during a meeting of the National Assembly Standing Committee on Foreign Affairs, which met in Islamabad on Tuesday with Awais Ahmad Leghari in the chair.
Janjua also ruled out any change in Pakistan's policy regarding Iran, Yemen and Saudi Arabia, adding that Pakistan was trying to bridge gap between Iran and Saudi Arabia.
Tehmina Janjua said Pakistan and Iran enjoy amicable relations and have no border dispute between them.
On March 25, Defence Minister Khawaja Asif during an interview revealed that Pakistan government had formally permitted ex-army chief Gen Raheel Sharif to lead Saudi military alliance to fight militancy.
After the government's approval, Ambassador of Iran to Pakistan had expressed reservations over the issuance of No Objection Certificate (NOC) by the Pakistani government for appointing former army chief General (retd) Raheel Sharif as the head of the Saudi-led military alliance.
- Cyclone Tauktae – Heavy rains kill 4, affect over 42,000 in Sri ...06:14 PM | 16 May, 2021
- US forces leave key Afghanistan military base05:22 PM | 16 May, 2021
- Cyclone TAUKTAE 'will not make landfall on Pakistan's coastal belt'04:52 PM | 16 May, 2021
- FM Qureshi reaffirms Pakistan's unflinching support to Palestinians ...03:38 PM | 16 May, 2021
- ‘New beginnings’ – Ghana Ali all set to tie the knot01:19 PM | 16 May, 2021
- MD Glam on why women should say no to skincare products made from ...10:01 AM | 16 May, 2021
- Ayeza Khan celebrates 9 million Insta followers in style10:06 PM | 15 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021