Eradicating smog: PM Imran approves Punjab govt's recommendations
ISLAMABAD - Prime Minister Imran Khan has approved Punjab government’s recommendations to counter the air pollution, especially smog.
According to media details, Punjab Chief Minister Usman Buzdar forwards the recommendations to curb the smog particularly from Lahore and its adjoining areas which included the conversion of 250 public transport buses into hybrid or electric technology in Lahore.
The Punjab government aims to deploy new public transport buses run through hybrid, CNG, or electric technology with a strict prohibition on the usage of petrol and diesel for public transportation.
In order to curtail environmental pollution, forest plantation will be done on 60,000 canals of land in Lahore.
According to the plan, Steel Rolling Industries and brick kilns will be converted to zigzag technology by the end of 2020.
- Coronavirus — Pakistan to open four western borders from Sunday10:47 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- UAE allows citizens, residents to travel abroad09:53 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- COAS Bajwa expresses grief over loss of lives in Sheikhupura train ...09:04 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- PM Imran says 'excellent' CPEC project to be completed at any cost08:21 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Private college teacher arrested for allegedly raping, filming ...08:13 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Samina Peerzada pays her respects to the late Saroj Khan03:22 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Bollywood choreographer Saroj Khan passes away at 7110:50 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Kashmiri lives also matter, says Mehwish Hayat10:15 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020