'Friends Day': Facebook celebrates 12th birthday
CEO Mark Zuckerberg, who wrote the first code for Facebook in January 2004, in a hope to help students at his college connect and bring the community together, is overwhelmed as millions of people around the world use Facebook.
The social network was started with an aim to reconnect with friends and post pictures and videos. However, over the years it has grown and now it even supports 360-degree video and is also used as a way of conforming safety at the time of any natural calamity.
Last month, Zuckerberg posted on Facebook asking users to celebrate Facebook's 12th anniversary as 'Friends Day'.
"On February 4, I hope you'll join me in celebrating #friendsday - a moment to celebrate the friendships that have made a difference in your life."
Facebook users will also be able to see their own Friends Day video above their News Feed.
On its 12th birthday, Facebook is also rolling out new stickers called as 'Friendship' and 'Best Friends'. The set of stickers consists of animal emoticons consisting of characters such as Beast, named after Zuckerberg's dog, and Pusheen the Cat from an animated webcomic.
- PTI leader shot dead in Sindh08:27 AM | 24 Nov, 2020
- Live open market Foreign Currency Exchange Rates in Pakistan today - ...07:40 AM | 24 Nov, 2020
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 24 November 202007:20 AM | 24 Nov, 2020
- Daesh Karachi commander killed in Bajaur operation: ISPR11:16 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- GBLA-II: PPP workers clash with police over 'rigged' election results10:52 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Does Meesha Shafi want to date Babar Azam?07:05 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Justin Bieber pens a beautiful 24th birthday message to wife Hailey ...03:43 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- YouTuber Umar Khan ties the knot03:15 PM | 23 Nov, 2020