Kashmir Solidarity Day: Government announces public holiday on Monday
According to the notification issued by the Ministry of Interior, Pakistan will celebrate Kashmir Day with traditional zeal and enthusiasm.
“February 5 will be a public holiday and all government, semi-government and private offices will remain closed,” the notification reads.
According to a handout issued here Saturday, one-minute silence would be observed at 10am at all government and semi-government institutions to express solidarity with the Kashmiri people.
The people of Azad Jammu Kashmir (AJK) will mark the occasion by forming a human chain of hands to show their support for their brothers and sisters across the border.
Conferences, demonstrations and events related to the day are being planned in cities across the country, which will shed light on the atrocities committed by Indian troops to sabotage the Kashmiri struggle for freedom over the past seven decades.
- Sindh govt to bear medical expenses of Liaquat Ali Khan’s ailing son11:58 PM | 3 Aug, 2021
- Aamir Liaquat faces police complaint over lashing out at traffic cop ...10:55 AM | 3 Aug, 2021
- Turkey imposes 10-day mandatory quarantine for travellers from ...10:14 AM | 3 Aug, 2021
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...09:15 AM | 3 Aug, 2021
- Falak takes Sarah on shopping spree (VIDEO)09:00 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Prince Charming - Mahira Khan's first look from upcoming webseries ...05:50 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Sharmila Faruqui lashes out at Ayeza Khan’s controversial scene ...05:21 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021