Pakistan's Sialkot made in footballs to be used in FIFA World Cup 2018
Pakistanis will have their special moment of joy when they see footballs made in their own country being used to score goals in the international-level event.
The company “is a contracting manufacturer of global sports brand Adidas” and is making its labourers work “extra hours to ensure on-time delivery of the footballs”.
Forward Sports chairman Khawaja Masood while talking to a private news channel said, his company churns out 700,000 footballs a month.
“This is an honour for us, that we are going to provide footballs for the world cup once again. We are very excited to meet this challenge,” he said.
First introduced in 2014, the football to be used in 2018 FIFA World Cup is “thermo bonded”. Prior to this, Pakistan used to supply handmade and stitched footballs.
“Thermo bonded balls are made by attaching the panels through heat – the latest technology adopted by Adidas and transferred to Forward Sports in 2013.”-Agencies
- COAS Bajwa visits Baloch Regimental Centre Abbottabad07:18 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- 5.3 magnitude earthquake jolts Islamabad, parts of KP06:50 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- 9-year-old Dalit girl raped, murdered by Hindu priest, three others ...06:17 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Nazir Chohan parts ways with Jahangir Tareen-led PTI faction05:41 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Aima Baig dances her heart out on sister’s mayoun (VIDEO)04:32 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Mahira Khan leaves fans thrilled with first teaser of ‘Prince ...04:01 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Sarah Khan flaunts baby bump in new photos03:30 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Kabul security team gets briefing on alleged abduction of Afghan ...11:34 AM | 3 Aug, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021