Angelina Jolie visits Rohingya camps
UNHCR envoy and celebrity, Angelina, is visiting Rohingya refugee camps in Teknaf upazila of Cox's Bazar.
She will be fulfilling her UNHCR duties by visiting camps and holding meetings with officials.
Jolie will meet Rohingya women, who were victims of sexual violence in Myanmar's Rakhine State during a brutal military operation in August 2017.
Jolie is undertaking a three-day mission in Cox’s Bazar to assess the humanitarian needs of the Rohingya refugees and some of the more critical challenges facing Bangladesh as a host country.
Jolie has also met with displaced Rohingya people during a prior visit to Myanmar in July 2015 and in India in 2006.
- Pakistan's best shortest format players assemble for National T20; ...07:58 PM | 20 Sep, 2021
- Top PR, event management agencies announce Pakistan’s first council ...07:21 PM | 20 Sep, 2021
- UNGA session: FM Qureshi leaves for New York06:52 PM | 20 Sep, 2021
- Mirza Ishtiaq Baig included in PML-N’s economic advisory council06:12 PM | 20 Sep, 2021
- Mathira claps back at trolls with an explosive statement: ‘Don’t ...04:57 PM | 20 Sep, 2021