Azad Kashmir cabinet okays bill seeking death penalty for child molesters
MUZAFFARABAD – The Azad Jammu and Kashmir (AJK) Cabinet on Thursday approved a bill seeking the death penalty for those who found guilty of sexually abusing children.
The bill was tabled by AJK minister Ahmed Raza Qadri during the meeting of the cabinet committee.
The bill further said that the matter pertaining to the child molestation will be investigated by an office of deputy superintendent level. It also calls for the courts to rule on the matter within 60 days of the incident.
The bill will be tabled in the AJK assembly for further approval. It will became a law in the region if it is approved by the assembly.
- Justice Qazi Faez Isa, wife recover from coronavirus01:17 PM | 5 Aug, 2021
- PAKvNZ: Kiwis to tour Pakistan for the first time in 18 years12:30 PM | 5 Aug, 2021
- WATCH: Rangers deployed in Bhong after mob ransacks Hindu temple11:35 AM | 5 Aug, 2021
- Pakistan Army Chief calls for resolution of Kashmir dispute as per ...11:09 AM | 5 Aug, 2021
- Nescafe Basement’s Xulfi accused of sexual harassment11:02 AM | 5 Aug, 2021
- Komal Rizvi celebrates 40th birthday with family09:56 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Wife accuses Yo Yo Honey Singh of domestic violence05:34 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021