Azad Kashmir cabinet okays bill seeking death penalty for child molesters
MUZAFFARABAD – The Azad Jammu and Kashmir (AJK) Cabinet on Thursday approved a bill seeking the death penalty for those who found guilty of sexually abusing children.
The bill was tabled by AJK minister Ahmed Raza Qadri during the meeting of the cabinet committee.
The bill further said that the matter pertaining to the child molestation will be investigated by an office of deputy superintendent level. It also calls for the courts to rule on the matter within 60 days of the incident.
The bill will be tabled in the AJK assembly for further approval. It will became a law in the region if it is approved by the assembly.
- PAF C-130 aircraft airlifts bodies of Sikh Yatrees from Lahore lands ...05:44 PM | 4 Jul, 2020
- Monsoon rains likely to strengthen in Sindh from Monday03:27 PM | 4 Jul, 2020
- Balochistan decides to promote matriculation, intermediate students ...01:59 PM | 4 Jul, 2020
- I will go to court to lift the ban on PUBG: Wakar Zaqa06:31 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Samina Peerzada pays her respects to the late Saroj Khan03:22 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020