Coronavirus: WB pledges $12bn in emergency aid for developing countries
WASHINGTON - The World Bank (WB) has announced 12 billion US dollars emergency aid for developing countries to counter coronavirus outbreak as the deadly virus has hit more than 70 countries around the world.
According to World Bank Group President David Malpass, the emergency package includes low-cost loans, grants and technical assistance, adding that it would priorities the poorest and most at-risk countries in distributing aid to counter the effects of the virus.
Meanwhile, the World Health Organization (WHO) has warned of a global shortage of protective equipment to fight the coronavirus epidemic.
WHO asked companies and governments to increase production by 40 percent as the death toll from the respiratory illness mounted.
Meanwhile, the total number of cases on the China mainland has now reached 80,270 after the Chinese National Health Commission has reported 119 new confirmed cases.
In the United States (US), the cases mounted up to 100 and the death toll raised to 9.
- PAF C-130 aircraft carrying Zaireen from Dalbandin lands at Skardu ...01:36 PM | 4 Apr, 2020
- Govt trying to maintain balance between lockdown to prevent spread of ...12:15 PM | 4 Apr, 2020
- Lahore police sealed all the entry and exit points of the city11:42 AM | 4 Apr, 2020
- Indian troops kill three youth in IOK10:33 AM | 4 Apr, 2020
- Zahid Ahmed apologises to the nation for choosing a script ‘so ...05:02 PM | 3 Apr, 2020
- American pianist Ellis Marsalis dead at 85, fought coronavirus04:41 PM | 3 Apr, 2020
- Here's what PM Imran Khan has to say regarding Maria.B controversy04:31 PM | 3 Apr, 2020
- Pakistani student gives birth to baby girl in Wuhan, China04:00 PM | 15 Mar, 2020
- Top 10 Google searches in Pakistan for 201906:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019