Women worshipers allowed to enter Peshawar's Sunehri Mosque after long ban
PESHAWAR - After nearly two decades, women worshipers have been allowed to offer Friday and eid prayers at Sunehri Mosque in Peshawar, Khyber Pakhunkhwa.
The decision was taken after the security situation improved in the province. A banner has been placed outside the mosque located in cantonment area with a message that women are now welcome offer Friday prayers in the mosque.
Women worshipers were banned from entering the mosque due to law and order uncertainty in the province as it suffered multiple terrorist attacks since the start of war on terror.
According to Maulana Mohammad Ismail, the naib khateeb of Sunehri Masjid, Islam says women can offer congregational prayers at the mosque, local media reported.
The foundation stone of mosque was laid in 1946 and it has the capacity to accommodate over 5,000 worshipers.
- Gigi Hadid slams British Magazine claiming that she's 'disguising' ...02:42 PM | 7 Jul, 2020
- LHC extends Shehbaz Sharif's bail in assets beyond means case02:09 PM | 7 Jul, 2020
- China inks UN Arms Trade Treaty01:15 PM | 7 Jul, 2020
- Sushant Singh Rajput's fan honors the late actor by naming a star ...12:44 PM | 7 Jul, 2020
- Model with Down syndrome featured in Gucci Beauty Campaign in Italian ...11:40 AM | 7 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020