Man awarded death sentence for raping five-year-old girl in Rawalpindi
ISLAMABAD – A sessions court in Rawalpindi on Thursday awarded death sentence to a man for raping a five-year-old girl.
Additional Session judge Jahangir Gondal issued the verdict, besides imposed a fine of Rs500,000 on the convict.
He remarked that such hardcore criminals did not deserve any kind of leniency.
The convict had raped the minor girl after breaking into her house in Rawalpindi last year.
Last year, President Arif Alvi had approved the Anti-Rape Ordinance 2020, which aims to punish the sex offenders.
As per the ordinance, special courts will be set up across the country to expedite the trial of rape cases on a priority basis, and will dispose off the rape cases within four months.
The ordinance also suggests setting up Anti-rape Crisis Cells by the Prime Minister, which will be authorized to conduct medico-legal examination within six hours of the incident.
Tiktoker Zoi Hashmi breaks silence about leaked ... 01:35 PM | 3 Mar, 2021
LAHORE – Pakistani TikToker Zoi Hashmi has responded to the viral rape video scandal that took the internet by ...
- PAKvENG: Pakistan, England lock horns in T20I series decider today09:24 AM | 2 Oct, 2022
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...08:51 AM | 2 Oct, 2022
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan – 02 October 202208:32 AM | 2 Oct, 2022
- Haider Ali hospitalised after viral illness10:32 PM | 1 Oct, 2022
- Bollywood actress Rani Mukerji set to release her autobiography04:48 PM | 1 Oct, 2022
- Tajikistan singer Abdu Rozik is the first contestant of Bigg Boss 1607:08 PM | 1 Oct, 2022
- Teaser revealed for Wasim Akram, Fawad Khan-starrer 'Money Back ...08:48 PM | 1 Oct, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022