Man awarded death sentence for raping five-year-old girl in Rawalpindi
ISLAMABAD – A sessions court in Rawalpindi on Thursday awarded death sentence to a man for raping a five-year-old girl.
Additional Session judge Jahangir Gondal issued the verdict, besides imposed a fine of Rs500,000 on the convict.
He remarked that such hardcore criminals did not deserve any kind of leniency.
The convict had raped the minor girl after breaking into her house in Rawalpindi last year.
Last year, President Arif Alvi had approved the Anti-Rape Ordinance 2020, which aims to punish the sex offenders.
As per the ordinance, special courts will be set up across the country to expedite the trial of rape cases on a priority basis, and will dispose off the rape cases within four months.
The ordinance also suggests setting up Anti-rape Crisis Cells by the Prime Minister, which will be authorized to conduct medico-legal examination within six hours of the incident.
Tiktoker Zoi Hashmi breaks silence about leaked ... 01:35 PM | 3 Mar, 2021
LAHORE – Pakistani TikToker Zoi Hashmi has responded to the viral rape video scandal that took the internet by ...
- 22 Covid patients die in India’s hospital after oxygen leak cuts ...07:48 PM | 21 Apr, 2021
- Pakistan’s Department of Explosive officers dismissed for ...06:37 PM | 21 Apr, 2021
- PAKvZIM – Rizwan stars as Pakistan trounce Zimbabwe in first T20I05:31 PM | 21 Apr, 2021
- TLP chief Saad Hussain Rizvi still under arrest: Sheikh Rasheed05:27 PM | 21 Apr, 2021
- Chupke Chupke star Aymen Saleem is the daughter of former cricketer ...05:20 PM | 21 Apr, 2021
- Ali Haider all set to host show for NTV Houston03:50 PM | 21 Apr, 2021
- Junoon goes Inquilaab! PM Imran uses Bollywood reference to show ...05:06 PM | 21 Apr, 2021
- Celebrity babies born in 202105:19 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021