Punjab Assembly passes resolution to enforce ban on celebrities hosting Ramadan transmissions
The Punjab Assembly has requested the federal government to ensure that TV channels direct their Ramadan transmissions with decency and only invite religious scholars to the shows.
The resolution was submitted on April 30 on behalf of the Pakistan Rah-e-Haq party’s parliamentary leader Maulana Muhammad Muavia Azam.
It states, “Having people associated with showbiz host Ramazan transmissions is an unfortunate practice. Ramazan transmissions are hosted by people who have no affiliation with the ranks of the Islamic faith. This practice afflicts the spirits of millions of Muslims every year.”
The purpose of the resolution is to persuade Pakistan Electronic Media Regulatory Authority (PEMRA) to ban stars and popular entertainment luminaires to feature in Ramadan transmission.
Many celebrities have hosted Ramadan transmissions in recent years, including Fahad Mustafa, Hamza Ali Abbasi, Ayesha Khan, Juggan Kazim, Sanam Baloch, Imran Abbas, among others.
Have more to add to the story? Comment below and stay tuned for more updates!
- realme C25Y makes a comeback with an amazing price of PKR 28,99904:30 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- IHC larger bench discharges contempt notice against ex-PM Imran Khan02:15 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- Shahnawaz Amir’s remand extended in Sarah Inam murder case01:34 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- CM Pervez Elahi inaugurates Punjab Ehsaas Rashan Riayat Programme12:47 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...11:53 AM | 3 Oct, 2022
- Ali Sethi and Shae Gill take 'Pasoori' to live concert in London07:00 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- Naimal Khawar's post workout glow leaves fans stunned09:02 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- Hira Mani and Rahim Pardesi's new song 'Mera Naam' is out now08:35 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- US cipher is a reality, says PTI05:20 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022