Pakistan president to participate in virtual NAM summit on coronavirus
ISLAMABAD – President Dr Arif Alvi will today represent Pakistan at the virtual summit of the Non-Aligned Movement (NAM) that will focus on building a multilateral cooperation to fight the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Special Online Summit of the Heads of State and Government of NAM Member States has been convened at the initiative of President Ilham Aliyev of Azerbaijan, in his capacity as current Chair of the Movement, said a Foreign Office statement.
The summit will conclude with a political Declaration of the Movement “Uniting Against COVID-19” as well as identified measures for enhanced coordination among NAM member states in their common fight against COVID-19.
President Aliyev’s efforts aim at bringing the Movement, at the highest decision-making level, for assessing the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic on member states and identifying needs and steps for possible remedies and follow-up measures.
The NAM represents the biggest grouping of countries outside the United Nations, comprising 120 developing countries from Asia, Africa and Latin America. A number of heads of state and government will participate in the virtual summit.
Pakistan is an active member of the Movement and has contributed and shaped tits position on a range of political, legal, economic and social issues.
President Dr Arif Alvi had represented Pakistan at the 18th Summit of NAM in Baku in October 2019.
- Three Pakistan soldiers martyred in Balochistan terrorist attack09:49 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- UAE moves to third stage of COVID-19 vaccine trials09:46 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan stands by Turkey against FETO threat, Imran tells Erdogan09:29 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- UAE’s Covid-19 vaccine enters final testing stage09:25 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Pakistani university announces fee waiver for Spring semester amid ...09:18 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Asim and I share a bond beyond anyone’s comprehension: Hania Amir05:22 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Hadiqa Kiani releases song to pay tribute to Kashmiri Martyrs12:38 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Nadia Jamil updates her fans about her recovery after chemo12:13 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020