US man convicted for biting dog, popping one eye out of socket
The Palm Beach Post reports that jurors found 37-year-old David Etzel guilty of felony animal cruelty on Tuesday. He faces a year or more in jail at his sentencing Friday.
Etzel’s mother told deputies in April that her 6-foot-8-inch (2.03-meter), 375-pound (170-kilogram) son had been drinking and was teasing her shih tzu named Cujo, prompting the dog to bite him. She said Etzel then bit the dog back.
Veterinarians were able to put Cujo’s eye back in, but officials say the animal is permanently blind in that eye. A veterinarian told deputies the injuries were comparable to being hit by a vehicle or attacked by another dog.
- Rawalpindi woman lands in jail for 5 years for hurling purse on ...10:29 AM | 28 Nov, 2021
- UK announces test and quarantine rules for travelers as Omicron ...09:57 AM | 28 Nov, 2021
- Pakistan reports 303 fresh covid cases, positivity rate stays below ...09:24 AM | 28 Nov, 2021
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...09:04 AM | 28 Nov, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 28 November 202108:38 AM | 28 Nov, 2021
- Abrar Ul Haq comes under fire for sharing video of young girl making ...07:32 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Shoaib Malik and Sania Mirza launch their customised fragrance07:00 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Malala Yousafzai’s family celebrates her Oxford graduation04:30 PM | 27 Nov, 2021