Three-day anti-polio drive kicks off in Punjab, Balochistan
LAHORE - Three-day anti-polio campaign begins in six districts of Punjab and thirteen districts of Balochistan from Monday (today).
As per details, in Punjab, the campaign begins in Lahore, Multan, Sargodha, Jhelum, Mandi Bahauddin and Chakwal districts during which anti-polio drops will be administered to more than two-point eight million children under five years age.
In Balochistan, the anti-polio vaccine would be administered to 1.3 million children up to five years of age in the thirteen districts.
At least 7,481 teams, including 4,547 mobile teams, 450 fixed sides and 444 transit teams, have been constituted to ensure administering anti-polio drops to each and every child.
Polio teams will also be deployed at bus stops, railway stations, and other public places.
An official of Health department Punjab talking to private news channel urged teachers, parents, religious scholars, and people of other sections of society to extend cooperation to combat the disease.
- COAS Bajwa expresses grief over loss of lives in Sheikhupura train ...09:04 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- PM Imran terms CPEC excellent project08:21 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Private college teacher arrested for allegedly raping, filming ...08:13 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan set to get first ever space museum in 8 months07:09 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan gives powerful response after India raises objection over GB ...07:03 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Samina Peerzada pays her respects to the late Saroj Khan03:22 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Bollywood choreographer Saroj Khan passes away at 7110:50 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Kashmiri lives also matter, says Mehwish Hayat10:15 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020