Nawaz Sharif’s son-in-law booked for sedition; Special police team to arrest Capt Safdar, other PMLN leaders
GUJRANWALA – Police in Punjab province have constituted a special team to arrest Captain (r) Safdar Awan and other PML-N leaders after they were booked in a sedition case.
Safdar, who is the son-in-law of PMLN supremo Nawaz Sharif, is accused of using provocative and threatening words against state and administrative institutions.
According to details, the case has been registered in Satellite Town Police Station on complaint of the SHO.
Captain (r) Safdar addressed a consultative meeting at house of PML-N Member Provincial Assembly (MPA) Imran Khalid Butt on October 2. Butt has also been nominated the case.
The development comes a few days after PML-N vice president Maryam Nawaz had announced that the party will hold a rally in Gujranwala on October 16.
Last month, the opposition parties formed the 11-party Pakistan Democratic Movement (PDM) alliance with its stated objective to get rid of the government.
- Bilawal woos back ‘demoralised’ and ‘shocked’ top Sindh ...11:47 PM | 20 Oct, 2020
- Asia's largest multipurpose "ro-ro" ship launched in China10:57 PM | 20 Oct, 2020
- Top military brass vows to defend geographical, ideological frontiers ...09:06 PM | 20 Oct, 2020
- Jeff Bridges diagnosed with cancer03:06 PM | 20 Oct, 2020
- Mahira Khan shares a heartfelt tribute for mom's birthday02:14 PM | 20 Oct, 2020
- Hailey Baldwin got a new ring finger tattoo for Justin Bieber12:47 PM | 20 Oct, 2020
- India bars Zimbabwe head coach from travelling to Pakistan03:08 PM | 20 Oct, 2020
- PM Imran Khan enjoyed PDM’s rallies, says Faisal Javed01:12 PM | 20 Oct, 2020
- SC commission to look after Bahria Town funds11:27 AM | 20 Oct, 2020
- FIR lodged against PDM‘s Gujranwala organisers10:26 AM | 20 Oct, 2020