Spanish Pop star dies in freak accident on stage
LAHORE - A rising Spanish pop star was killed Sunday after a firework display at a music festivalwent horribly wrong.
Joana Sainz, 30, was performing with the group, Super Hollywood Orchestra, at a festival in Las Berlanas, Spain Sunday evening when she was reportedly struck by a pyrotechnic device - a horrific scene that was caught on camera by fans.
One of the devices misfired into her stomach, according to the Daily Mirror, She was taken off stage and rushed to the Avila hospital where she was pronounced dead shortly before 2 a.m.
Local emergency services confirmed the incident took place at around 1:49 a.m. local time. A doctor and four nurses in the crowd reportedly ran to the young woman’s side to assist.
- Biden picks Kamala Harris as his 2020 vice presidential running mate11:36 PM | 12 Aug, 2020
- Pillion riding banned in Sindh on Muharram 9, 1011:14 PM | 12 Aug, 2020
- Pakistan strongly condemns anti-Islam Facebook post by Indian ...10:07 PM | 12 Aug, 2020
- Hafeez quarantined in England for taking photo with 90-year-old lady ...09:10 PM | 12 Aug, 2020
- Afghanistan thanks Pakistan Army chief for supporting reconciliation ...07:57 PM | 12 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020