Spanish Pop star dies in freak accident on stage
LAHORE - A rising Spanish pop star was killed Sunday after a firework display at a music festivalwent horribly wrong.
Joana Sainz, 30, was performing with the group, Super Hollywood Orchestra, at a festival in Las Berlanas, Spain Sunday evening when she was reportedly struck by a pyrotechnic device - a horrific scene that was caught on camera by fans.
One of the devices misfired into her stomach, according to the Daily Mirror, She was taken off stage and rushed to the Avila hospital where she was pronounced dead shortly before 2 a.m.
Local emergency services confirmed the incident took place at around 1:49 a.m. local time. A doctor and four nurses in the crowd reportedly ran to the young woman’s side to assist.
- Pakistani forces foil terror bid in Bajaur09:25 PM | 25 Jan, 2020
- President Alvi watches PAKvBAN T20I at Gaddafi09:22 PM | 25 Jan, 2020
- Kashmiris set to observe Indian Republic Day as Black Day07:12 PM | 25 Jan, 2020
- Iran to host technology investors from 8 countries including Pakistan ...07:08 PM | 25 Jan, 2020
- China: Coronavirus death toll hits 4107:03 PM | 25 Jan, 2020
- Brad Pitt takes ownership of mistakes that ruined his and Aniston's ...01:55 PM | 25 Jan, 2020
- PISA 2020: Sajal Aly bags nomination for ‘Best TV Actress’ award01:45 PM | 25 Jan, 2020
- I’m sorry I take none of what you said seriously: Anupam Kher ...04:59 PM | 24 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019