Selena Gomez announces the launch of her own beauty brand, Rare
Selena Gomez is adding a new title to her ever-growing resumé: beauty mogul. Hot off the heels of her most recent album, Rare, which released in January, it's just been revealed that the songstress is launching a beauty line of the same name.
The star posted the news on Instagram yesterday, noting that she will launch the line with Sephora this summer and that she was sharing the news while wearing the makeup, including a bold, red lip.
View this post on Instagram
Guys, I’ve been working on this special project for two years and can officially say Rare Beauty is launching in @sephora stores in North America this summer! Follow @rarebeauty and become part of our beautiful community. Here’s a tiny sneak. There’s more to share AND I can’t wait.
“I am launching my own beauty brand and it is called Rare Beauty," she said via Instagram Live. "This is something I started working on two years ago. I found the right partners and the right team…and it’s important to me because I wanted to make a brand where you feel comfortable." Gomez cited the pressure people may feel to look a certain way or use certain products, calling it at times a bit isolating and not the ethos of Rare Beauty.
"It’s not just a brand. It’s going to be a lifestyle," Gomez said. "I want girls and boys and men and women to feel comfortable. It’s [Rare Beauty] meant to be enjoyed, it’s very special. We are not meant to look like everybody else, we’re meant to look like ourselves."
In the sneak peek, Gomez shares a look at lipstick colours, eyeshadows, face products and more from the development phase of the project. She also created an Instagram account for the brand, which has already shared inspirational quotes like “You are not defined by a photo, a like, or a comment.
The beauty line consists of "fragrances, cosmetics, hair care preparations, essential oils, skin care preparations, body care preparations" and many other goodies.
The makeup line will be sold exclusively at Sephora in the U.S., Canada and Mexico, including the Sephora inside J.C. Penney locations, as well as on its own web site.
Have more to add to the story? Comment below and stay tuned for more!
- Pakistan launches documentary on February-27 response against Indian ...05:38 PM | 26 Feb, 2020
- Women’s T20 World Cup 2020: Pakistan beat West Indies in Canberra05:24 PM | 26 Feb, 2020
- Nazi-inspired RSS ideology taking over India, may lead to bloodshed: ...03:33 PM | 26 Feb, 2020
- Punjab Cabinet declares PML-N Supremo Nawaz Sharif as “absconder”01:46 PM | 26 Feb, 2020
- Greta Thunberg and Malala Yousafzai meet at Oxford University01:17 PM | 26 Feb, 2020
- Hamza Ali Abbasi calls out Hindutva activists, urges world to take ...01:12 PM | 26 Feb, 2020
- Sonya Hussyn was never in my books for MPTH: Khalil ur Rehman12:35 AM | 26 Feb, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019