WWE legend The Rock officially retires from wrestling
LOS ANGELES - Before he grew into the biggest movie star in all of Hollywood, Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson was among the most influential, beloved and admired figures in all of sports entertainment.
Ever since he left WWE to work in Hollywood 15 years ago, The Rock has found a bit of time to come back to the squared circle. But those days are long over because The People's Champion has decided it's time to hang up the wrestling boots.
During a TV appearance, Live with Kelly and Ryan (h/t WrestlingInc.com), The Rock revealed that he recently decided to retire from wrestling altogether - when asked if he misses the business and if he wishes he could balance it with acting.
View this post on Instagram
Cool piece of history - on this day back in 2002. An epic @wwe match. It was just my turn to carry the “brass ring” on this night. Our roster was so deep back then with big box office drawing$ talent we all took turns at being the #1 guy in the company. Plus we only had one WWE Title so that created a relentless hunger with all of us. It was a very cool, unique & special time in pro wrestling. Thanks to the best play by play team of all time - Jim Ross & Jerry “The King” Lawler. Thanks to @RealKurtAngle & the legendary Undertaker for the dance. Most of all - thank you to the audience - the ones in the seats - for the electricity and energy - and for continuing to rock with me down this wild and unpredictable road of life. Cheers 🥃 #grateful #peopleschamp #undisputedchamp
"I miss wrestling , I love wrestling ," The Rock said. "Yes, I do...I quietly retired from wrestling because I was lucky enough to have just a really wonderful career and accomplish what I wanted to accomplish, but there's nothing like a live crowd, a live audience, a live microphone as you both know."
Here is the interview clip:
This might come as a surprise to many wrestling fans since The Rock has made a handful of WWE appearances in recent years. The Rock's last real bout took place six years ago. That was at WrestleMania 29, where he lost to John Cena in a WWE Championship match.
View this post on Instagram
That’s a @hobbsandshaw LA press day wrap and now boarding the bird. Thanks to everyone (my teams, Universal, press friends etc) for your efforts in making today a success. East coast bound and keep on keeping on. Tequila on ice awaits. Thank God I need a drink 😂🥃 #wheelsup #silvereagle @hhgarcia41 📸
It is also being speculated that WWE is attempting to get The Rock to appear on the first Fox episode of SmackDown Live on October 4.
- Nine Pakistani companies participate in 22nd Intersec Dubai04:57 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- ADB president calls on PM Imran in Davos04:10 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- CEOs YouTube, Siemens call on PM Imran04:08 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- Bismah excited to lead Pakistan in ICC Women’s T20 WC03:50 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- UBG congratulates Anjum Nisar for becoming president of FPCCI03:44 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- HBO Max orders royal family comedy ‘The Prince’02:55 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- Mahira Khan asks Shireen Mazari for an update on the Zainab bill02:39 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019