Met dept forecasts rain, gusty winds at isolated parts of country
However, dust-thunderstorm and rain with gusty winds is expected at isolated places in Malakand, Hazara, Peshawar, Mardan, Kohat, Rawalpindi, Gujranwala, Lahore, Faisalabad, Sargodha divisions, Islamabad, Kashmir and Gilgit Baltistan, Multan, D.G. Khan and Bahawalpur divisions.
Earlier on Thursday evening, heavy showers lower down week long heat spell in isolated parts of the Punjab province after downpour was reported from Kasur, Gujrat and other cities of Punjab and Azad Kashmir. Light rain in different parts of Karachi turned the weather pleasant.
Heavy showers in Lahore inundated low-lying areas where roads were submerged under rains water. Most of the areas in the neighbourhoods and of the city plunged into darkness due to power failure after tripping of electricity feeders.
Minimum temperature of some major cities recorded on Friday morning:
Islamabad 26 degree centigrade, Lahore 24, Karachi 31, Peshawar 29, Quetta 20, Gilgit 17, Murree 19 and Muzaffarabad 23 degree centigrade.
- In a historic first, people with mental illness allowed to open a ...07:58 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Finance Minister Shaukat Tarin ‘to run for Senate’07:15 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- PSL 2021 – Peshawar Zalmi take on Quetta Gladiators tonight06:41 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Saudi Arabia cancels Hajj for international pilgrims over COVID-19 ...06:11 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Waseem Abbas reflects on Mahira Khan-Firdous Jamal controversy04:44 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Shah Rukh Khan gets back to work for 'Pathan' shooting04:20 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Pakistani FM reaches Turkey on diplomatic mission to highlight ...05:56 PM | 18 May, 2021