Pakistan sees One Belt One Road project as powerful tool for overcoming terrorism: PM
BEIJING - Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif said that Chinese initiative of One Belt and One Road was a powerful tool to overcome terrorism and extremism by bringing peace through economic revolution.
According to Radio Pakistan, the initiative would open doors towards prosperity, peace and stability through connectivity and close contact.
He was addressing the plenary session of the Belt and Road Forum for International Cooperation in Beijing on Sunday (today).
The prime minister said that peace and development were connected, as nothing can bring peace and security more than economic development achieved through regional efforts.
The state radio quoted PM as saying, "The initiative signifies that geo-economics must take precedence over geo-politics, and that the centre of gravity should shift from conflict to cooperation".
He said as One Belt and One Road covers all continents, we see it fostering inclusion, creating tolerance, and promoting acceptance of cultural diversity.
Nawaz Sharif said that China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) was a flagship project of OBOR that aims at connecting the neighbourhoods of East and West Asia.
The CPEC is for all countries as it has not geographical boundaries, the PM said, adding, "We are not only making effort for achieving economic progress, but also striving to build a peaceful and connected relation with neighbouring countries.
"It is time we transcend our differences, resolve conflicts through dialogue and diplomacy, and leave a legacy of peace for future generations."
- Brace Yourselves for the Live Broadcast Launch of TECNO’s Spark 5 ...01:19 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Sindh launches online education for primary schools amid COVID-1912:29 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- COVID-19: Hafeez urges int'l agencies for evaluating losses to ...11:11 AM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Protests against racism, police violence sparked in major Australian ...10:02 AM | 6 Jun, 2020
- COVID-19: Complete lockdown in Islamabad on Saturday and Sunday09:45 AM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Meghan Markle speaks out about ‘Black Lives Matter’07:17 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Naveed Raza urges people to stop denying the existence of coronavirus06:51 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Kylie Jenner tops Forbes' list of the highest-paid celebrities in the ...03:37 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020