Coffee: What is the perfect time to drink?
But what is the best time of the morning to brew it up (or just grab one from a cafe)?
The team from the Gastropod podcast set out to find a “Breakfast of Champions”. As well as assessing the importance of the meal to a healthy diet and debunking the idea that fruit juice is a great way to start the day, they also discovered the best time to drink coffee.
According to Steven Miller, an expert in chronopharmacology - or how the brain responds to drugs - people should wait until 9.30am to get their caffeine fix.
This is because the body’s level of cortisol - a hormone that controls stress levels and blood sugar levels - peaks from 8am-9am and so it does not need a caffeine injection before then.
Drinking caffeine during those early hours could lead to “desensitisation”, according to Miller, which means the body needs a lot more of the drug to feel the same effect.
He does admit that 9.30am won’t work for those who have irregular working hours or irregular sleep patterns but it is the ideal time for those in the 9-5 routine, 'The Independent' reported.
- Three-day sports festival kicks off in Khalti Frozan Lake today12:05 AM | 28 Jan, 2021
- PM Imran, singer Shehzad Roy share views on promotion of education12:00 AM | 28 Jan, 2021
- Shafqat Mehmood green-lights launch of Single National Curriculum ...11:38 PM | 27 Jan, 2021
- Woman declared dead in Pakistan comes back to life, gets up and walks ...11:19 PM | 27 Jan, 2021
- Lifebuoy Partners with PCB as Official Hygiene Partner for 202111:00 PM | 27 Jan, 2021
- Faysal Qureshi reacts to news of couple confessing to sexually ...07:32 PM | 27 Jan, 2021
- WATCH – Muneeb Butt shares a heartwarming father-son moment03:57 PM | 27 Jan, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Stars who turned down plastic surgery07:32 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021