After petrol, electricity price increased by Rs1.82 per unit
ISLAMABAD - The National Electric Power Regulatory Authority (NEPRA) on Tuesday approved Rs 1.82 per unit hike in power tariff for the month of September under monthly fuel adjustment formula.
The Central Power Purchase Agency Guarantee Limited (CPPA-G) had sought Rs 2.97 per unit but the regulator allowed Rs 1.82 per unit hike for the said period.
The hearing was presided over by the NEPRAChairman Tauseef H Farooqi. An amount of Rs 24 billion would be recovered from the consumers in the billing of next month. However, the hike would not be applicable to the consumers using upto 300 units, K-Electric and agri connections.
In a petition filed with National Electric Power Regulatory Authority (NEPRA), the CPPA-G on behalf of ex-WAPDA distribution companies maintained that it had charged consumers a reference tariff of Rs 2.
8410/kWh against the actual fuel cost of Rs 5.8136/kWh during the said period.
The CPPA in its petition said the total energy from all sources remained at 13,621.35 Gwh in September and the total cost was calculated to Rs 70.231 billion with an average per unit fuel costof Rs 5.156 per unit.
Some 37.09 per cent of electricity was generated from hydel, 16.39 per cent from coal, 21.06 per cent from RLNG, 11.85 per cent from local gas, six per cent from furnace oil, wind 1.10 per cent and nuclear 5.50 per cent during the said period.
The regulator also sought report from CPPA-G about power generated from furnace oil within 15 days.
- Re-polling in NA-259: initial results show Shahzain Bugti leading07:10 PM | 17 Nov, 2019
- AIOU sets up nine new offices at less-developed regions06:47 PM | 17 Nov, 2019
- UN calls for action to tackle global road safety crisis03:28 PM | 17 Nov, 2019
- CCW convention makes progress on key issues of deadly autonomous ...03:24 PM | 17 Nov, 2019
- Queen Maxima of Netherlands to arrive in Pakistan on Nov 2501:12 PM | 17 Nov, 2019
- I was hypersexualised as a teenager in Hollywood: Scarlett Johansson03:10 PM | 16 Nov, 2019
- Mira Sethi marries childhood friend02:42 PM | 16 Nov, 2019
- Here's how fans have reacted to Hamza Ali Abbasi's decision to quit ...02:07 PM | 16 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019
- Google releases the list of most popular Pakistani YouTube Ads of 201803:31 PM | 25 Jan, 2019