After petrol, electricity price increased by Rs1.82 per unit
ISLAMABAD - The National Electric Power Regulatory Authority (NEPRA) on Tuesday approved Rs 1.82 per unit hike in power tariff for the month of September under monthly fuel adjustment formula.
The Central Power Purchase Agency Guarantee Limited (CPPA-G) had sought Rs 2.97 per unit but the regulator allowed Rs 1.82 per unit hike for the said period.
The hearing was presided over by the NEPRAChairman Tauseef H Farooqi. An amount of Rs 24 billion would be recovered from the consumers in the billing of next month. However, the hike would not be applicable to the consumers using upto 300 units, K-Electric and agri connections.
In a petition filed with National Electric Power Regulatory Authority (NEPRA), the CPPA-G on behalf of ex-WAPDA distribution companies maintained that it had charged consumers a reference tariff of Rs 2.
8410/kWh against the actual fuel cost of Rs 5.8136/kWh during the said period.
The CPPA in its petition said the total energy from all sources remained at 13,621.35 Gwh in September and the total cost was calculated to Rs 70.231 billion with an average per unit fuel costof Rs 5.156 per unit.
Some 37.09 per cent of electricity was generated from hydel, 16.39 per cent from coal, 21.06 per cent from RLNG, 11.85 per cent from local gas, six per cent from furnace oil, wind 1.10 per cent and nuclear 5.50 per cent during the said period.
The regulator also sought report from CPPA-G about power generated from furnace oil within 15 days.
- CEOs YouTube, Siemens call on PM Imran04:08 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- Bismah excited to lead Pakistan in ICC Women’s T20 WC03:50 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- UBG congratulates Anjum Nisar for becoming president of FPCCI03:44 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- President Trump to visit Pakistan soon: FM Qureshi03:41 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- HBO Max orders royal family comedy ‘The Prince’02:55 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- Mahira Khan asks Shireen Mazari for an update on the Zainab bill02:39 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- HUM Style Awards 2020 nominations are out02:11 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019