Federal cabinet prioritizes return of wealth stashed abroad in 8 point agenda
Following the meeting, Information Minister Fawad Chaudhry held a press conference detailing the decisions taken at the meeting of the federal cabinet.
Chaudhry announced that the cabinet has decided to establish a task force to bring back money which has been illegally stashed abroad and a unit has been established at the PM House to overlook the process of bringing back money from abroad.
The information minister announced a reward of Rs20 million for anyone who identifies a Pakistani illegally owning property worth Rs1 billion abroad.
The task force will submit a report to the prime minister and Supreme Court every two weeks, he said.
The minister told media that the cabinet has also decided to establish a task force to improve the education system, adding that the task force will be under the chairmanship of Minister of Federal Education and Heritage Shafqat Mehmood.
Private school fee will be reduced and basic education will be provided in madrassahs as well. The cabinet also decided to give provincial governments stake in the formulation of curriculum, said Ch.
Approval was given for measures to be taken to safeguard the rights of children and ensure that there is no child labor or incidents of abuse of children, he said.
Ch informed that PM has taken notice of the loss in national exchequer owing to the delay in completion of Tarbela Dam project
The cabinet has decided to take measures to improve relations with overseas Pakistanis, he said.
- US jury finds ex-cop Derek Chauvin guilty of murder in George Floyd ...03:15 AM | 21 Apr, 2021
- Ban on TLP will remain intact despite peace deal, says Fawad01:13 AM | 21 Apr, 2021
- Indian politicians using stray dogs to spread election messages in UP12:49 AM | 21 Apr, 2021
- PAKvZIM – Trophy unveiled ahead of first T20 clash (VIDEO)11:42 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- PM Imran wishes India’s Manmohan Singh speedy recovery from COVID-1911:00 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Ertugrul star Engin Altan flaunts his surfing skills in new viral ...03:29 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Umer Sharif’s birthday bash hosted by Nida and Yasir02:55 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021