Warehouse blaze in China kills 17
The fire broke out on the fourth floor of a small wholesale market in Huidong county in the southern province of Guangdong, the report said.
It took more than six hours for firefighters to bring the blaze under control, media reports added.
It did not provide further details.
China, the world's second-largest economy, has a history of workplace disasters.
Workers are often poorly trained or ill-equipped to protect themselves from industrial accidents.
A fire at a poultry slaughterhouse in the northeastern province of Jilin in June 2013 killed 120 people.
The blaze was blamed on poor management, lack of government oversight and locked or blocked exits.
- Pakistan jump to fourth place in ICC World Test Championship points ...04:46 PM | 4 Jul, 2022
- Former first lady leading 'malicious campaign' against state ...03:40 PM | 4 Jul, 2022
- Komal Meer treats fans with latest photoshoot01:07 PM | 4 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022
- 42 Pakistani universities make it to Times Higher Education Asia ...07:52 PM | 1 Jun, 2022
- Four Pakistanis make it to Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia List 202209:53 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022