Warehouse blaze in China kills 17
The fire broke out on the fourth floor of a small wholesale market in Huidong county in the southern province of Guangdong, the report said.
It took more than six hours for firefighters to bring the blaze under control, media reports added.
It did not provide further details.
China, the world's second-largest economy, has a history of workplace disasters.
Workers are often poorly trained or ill-equipped to protect themselves from industrial accidents.
A fire at a poultry slaughterhouse in the northeastern province of Jilin in June 2013 killed 120 people.
The blaze was blamed on poor management, lack of government oversight and locked or blocked exits.
- Pakistani PM Shehbaz Sharif to visit Turkey next week, says Foreign ...11:09 PM | 27 May, 2022
- Shireen Mazari's daughter booked for 'defaming' Pakistan Army chief09:43 PM | 27 May, 2022
- PIA announces Pakistan's Hajj flights plan08:45 PM | 27 May, 2022
- TikToker Dolly's bail plea in forest fire case dismissed by Islamabad ...06:09 PM | 27 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022
- ‘Hybrid regime’: Pakistan among worst nations on EIU's Democracy ...01:22 PM | 12 Feb, 2022