'Groove Mera' – PCB releases PSL 2021 anthem featuring Aima Baig, Naseebo Lal
KARACHI – The Pakistan Super League's (PSL) anthem for the sixth edition has been released, annouced the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) on Saturday.
The song, "Groove Mera", features Naseebo Lal, Aima Baig, and Young Stunners. The cricket body refers the song to the "swing and feel of the movements of cricketers".
"It refers to moments of finesse that one finds in the heart of every cricket match," it added.
The anthem is a celebration of Pakistan’s musical diversity. The mix of artists is particularly exciting as it represents artists from opposite ends of Pakistan’s musical spectrum.
The anthem brings together voices from Pakistan’s rich musical landscape: regional folk and urban sounds of pop and hip-hop.
𝘼𝘼𝙅 𝘿𝙀𝙆𝙃𝙀 𝙂𝘼 𝘾𝙍𝙊𝙒𝘿 𝙈𝙀𝙍𝘼 𝙂𝙍𝙊𝙊𝙑𝙀 𝙏𝙑 𝙋𝙀— PakistanSuperLeague (@thePSLt20) February 6, 2021
Celebrate the groove of our HBL PSL cricketers with the launch of the official #HBLPSL6 Anthem #GrooveMera
Watch full video on YouTube: https://t.co/bQueDfKnwq#MatchDikhao pic.twitter.com/jYaAFiV5ZS
The video, directed by Fida Moin, includes six leading cricketers who would be featuring for their respective franchises in the tournament, the players are Shadab Khan (Islamabad United) Shan Masood (Multan Sultans), Sarfaraz Ahmed (Quetta Gladiators), Babar Azam (Karachi Kings), Shaheen Shah Afridi (Lahore Qalandars) and Wahab Riaz (Peshawar Zalmi).
On the occasion, Naseebo Lal said: “It feels great to be a part of the anthem because I have never done a song like this where I have enjoyed myself so much.”
Aima Baig said that she felt overwhelmed. "It’s been an amazing journey and I’m really thankful for the opportunity. The vibe of the anthem is very street and urban with elements of festival EDM.”
Talha Younis, of the Young Stunners fame, said that he was "honoured" to be a part of the anthem been. "This time the HBL PSL has tried something different and out-of-the-box and I feel like people would love it.”
On the other hand, fans seem disappointed like the last time when Asim Azhar sang “TAYYAR HAIN” of the fifth edition of Pakistan Super League. Azhar had to issue an apology following massive trolling on the social media.
- First PIA flight to Oman’s Salalah airport receives water cannon ...07:05 PM | 16 Oct, 2021
- ‘Historic moment’ – Islamabad airport handles first cargo for ...06:29 PM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Social media reacts to whooping hike in petrol price in Pakistan05:26 PM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Sindh Governor goes historically wrong as he talks about Pakistan's ...02:40 PM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Yumna Zaidi all praise for co-stars Bilal Abbas Khan and Sajal Aly10:48 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- Saba Qamar drops the first look from upcoming project 'Serial Killer'04:47 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- Mehwish Hayat expresses love for Jennifer Lopez04:20 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021
- Celebrities who are gifted athletes05:57 PM | 5 Sep, 2021