PTI ‘decides’ to disband Ruet-i-Hilal committees at all levels
Reports in local media suggest the decision was made in the wake of repeated nuisance following the controversial decisions of moon sightings by the committees in the past, which cost millions to the national exchequer.
The decision will also help to end the confusion on the sighting of the moon for when the month would start and end, according to reports.
The Pakistan Meteorological Department (PMD), which is well-equipped to predict moon birth in advance based on scientific calculations, is to be tasked with the job, the reports added.
It is a popular belief that in any Islamic state, the right of announcement for moon sighting for Eid and Ramazan is the authority of the state.
Meanwhile on Sunday, Central Ruet-e-Hilal Committee chairman Mufti Muneeb ur Rehman announced that the crescent of Jamadi-ul-Awal has not been sighted and the 1st Jamadi-ul-Awal 1440 Hijri will be on Tuesday.
He announced this after chairing the meeting of Central Ruet-e-Hilal Committee in Karachi today.
- Pakistan to face arch-rival India as Hockey Asia Cup 2022 begins in ...09:08 AM | 23 May, 2022
- PM Shebaz takes notices of bush fires in Margalla Hills08:46 AM | 23 May, 2022
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...08:23 AM | 23 May, 2022
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan – 23 May 202208:09 AM | 23 May, 2022
- Student kidnapped by ex-fiancé in Lahore found in Arifwala10:51 PM | 22 May, 2022
- Mira Sethi’s smoking photo goes viral02:35 PM | 22 May, 2022
- Saba Qamar’s new dance video in saree goes viral01:33 PM | 22 May, 2022
- Anmol Baloch’s new bold photo draws severe criticism11:25 AM | 22 May, 2022
- Dollar hits all-time high at Rs19212:45 PM | 12 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022