'Black Day': Shehbaz Sharif criticises Avenfield reference verdict against Nawaz, Maryam
"This will be remembered as a black day in history," Shahbaz said, adding that his brother Nawaz appeared before the accountability court 109 times.
The ex-CM insisted that elder Sharif's name was not even mentioned in the infamous Panama papers.
Avenfield reference verdict: Nawaz Sharif, Maryam ... 09:50 AM | 6 Jul, 2018
ISLAMABAD - An accountability court handed a 10 year sentence and £8 million (Rs1.29 billion) to Pakistan's former ...
"They were calling him everyday. They even spoke of holding hearings on weekends," Shahbaz asserted.
The younger Sharif said that there were other cases in which corruption had been proven in black and white and yet no verdicts were announced against the culprits.
"Supreme Court Judge Rehmat Hussain Jaffrey in the Nandipur case said in the commission report that Babar Awan is the one responsible for it and should be acted against — and yet no action was taken against him," he decried while presenting an example of the case.
Avenfield verdict: Maryam, Captain Safdar barred ... 04:32 PM | 6 Jul, 2018
ISLAMABAD - The accountability court in Islamabad has barred Maryam Nawaz, the former first daughter, and her ...
"The person they did choose to announce a verdict against was Nawaz Sharif. No one can deny that Nawaz made Pakistan a nuclear power," Shahbaz said while recounting a list of the "many gifts" his brother has given to the nation.
"Voters will make their decision on July 25. We will adopt all legal options available for justice," he claimed.
The NAB court's decision is based on oppression & cruelty. The name of Nawaz Sharif was not mentioned in Panama papers nor was it there as owner of Avenfield flats.— Shehbaz Sharif (@CMShehbaz) July 6, 2018
"I will personally go to all corners of Pakistan and tell the people about this injustice and then on July 25 after saying fajr prayers, the people will cast their votes and give their ultimate verdict," said Shehbaz.
There is no denying the fact that NAB has dual standards of justice. Proven corruption cases have been pending before NAB for many years. Some as old as ten years but no action was taken. Justice on pick & choose basis is no justice.— Shehbaz Sharif (@CMShehbaz) July 6, 2018
Earlier, an accountability court in Islamabad sentenced Nawaz Sharif, Maryam Nawaz and Captain (r) Safdar to 10, 7 and 1 year in jail, respectively.
- Nawaz Sharif gets 10 years in prison, Maryam seven, and Capt (r) Safdar one year
- The ex-PM ordered to pay a fine of £8 million (Rs1.29 billion)
- Maryam Nawaz barred from contesting elections for next 10 years
- Avenfield properties to be sealed on court orders
- Perpetual arrest warrants issued for Sharif’s two sons – Hassan and Hussain
- The much-awaited verdict was announced at 04:30pm, after delayed for fourth time
- Accountability judge dismisses Nawaz Sharif’s plea to postpone the decision
- Strict security arrangements in place at Islamabad’s Federal Judicial Complex
PML-N workers to re
- Tanzanian influencers Kili and Neema Paul recreate viral Pakistani ...01:52 AM | 6 Dec, 2022
- Mahira Khan showers Quick Style with 'gifts'01:16 AM | 6 Dec, 2022
- Sarah Khan shares pictures from latest bridal shoot12:52 AM | 6 Dec, 2022
- Grammy-winning Pakistani singer shares her quest to find her ...08:39 PM | 5 Dec, 2022
- Karachi among world’s least expensive cities in new report09:30 PM | 2 Dec, 2022
- Timeline of Pakistan Army Generals during country’s 75 year-long ...10:28 AM | 29 Nov, 2022
- Only two Pakistani universities make it to Asia’s top 10003:15 PM | 10 Nov, 2022
- Pakistanis named among 'The World's Most Influential 500 Muslims'10:16 PM | 2 Nov, 2022