Umar Akmal’s appeal to be heard on July 13: PCB
LAHORE – Former Supreme Court judge Justice (r) Faqir Muhammad Khokhar, in his capacity as an independent adjudicator, will hear Umar Akmal’s appeal on July 13 here at the National High Performance Centre.
Notices for the hearing have been issued to Umar Akmal and the Pakistan Cricket Board, said a spokesman of the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) in a press release on Monday.
“The hearing was previously scheduled for 11 June, but had to be postponed due to COVID-19-enforced lockdown in the city,” he said adding that “On April 27, Disciplinary Panel Chairman Justice (retd) Fazal-e-Miran Chauhan had banned Umar Akmal for three years after finding him guilty of breaching Article 2.4.4 of the PCB Anti-Corruption Code in two separate incidents.
The PCB will make no comment on the matter until Justice Khokhar announces his decision.
- Covid-19: Pakistan reports 1,392 new cases, 36 deaths08:45 AM | 1 Mar, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 01 March 202108:10 AM | 1 Mar, 2021
- Shaheen shines in Qalandars enthralling win against Kings11:55 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Indian man killed by own rooster during cockfight10:25 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- No Pakistani bowler, all-rounder among top players in latest ICC test ...09:34 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Osman Khalid Butt takes to social media after 'wedding' pics with ...05:41 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Lady Gaga's French dogs returned unharmed06:52 PM | 27 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021