Only 19 international NGOs registered in Pakistan: minister
Federal Minister of State for Interior Balighur Rehman, while responding to a question in the Upper House of Parliament, said the applications of all other NGOs are still under process.
The minister also revealed as many as 127 international NGOs are presently receiving foreign contributions to function inside Pakistan. “We are taking steps to check their financial resources”.
Earlier Pakistan’s political parties and army’s top brass had agreed to keep an eye on the economic sources of the non-government organizations and religious seminaries after a group of militants attacked the army public school in Peshawar and killed 140 people.
- Pink Ribbon set to augment Breast Cancer Awareness in Oct12:34 PM | 25 Sep, 2021
- Eight ‘terrorists’ planning attacks arrested in Punjab12:12 PM | 25 Sep, 2021
- FM Qureshi apprises UN president, secretary general about human ...11:51 AM | 25 Sep, 2021
- 19-year-old Shehroze Kashif becomes youngest Pakistani to summit ...11:24 AM | 25 Sep, 2021
- TikTok star Jannat Mirza's new video takes internet by storm03:46 PM | 24 Sep, 2021
- Indian song 'Mehendi' is a copy of iconic Pakistani song 'Gagar'03:46 PM | 24 Sep, 2021
- Firdous Jamal's comments about Mahira Khan, Osman Khalid trigger ...03:24 PM | 24 Sep, 2021